onsdag 8 oktober 2014

Memories of Pasted Songs.

I’ve listened to many songs in my few years of living, but I don’t have any particular memories for any of them. Except one. The song is called “Imaginationland”, and it’s by Rabbit Killers. It’s a rather modern song, with the entire song being electronic except the one voice that says the title of the song a few times. And that’s the only lyrics there is. 
I don’t know when it was released, but I believe I first heard it in 2012 when watching YouTube videos. The video I was watching was this typical gaming vid, by someone who I’m still a really big fan of. (He has a great voice, it’s amazing). I even remember what game it was. The song was in the ending of the clip with the text “More to come”, as it always says in the end of the YouTuber’s videos. And I don’t know, I guess the song just gives me a bit of nostalgia. It gives me the feeling of.. protection. I have no idea why. I also get the feeling of happiness, but still sadness at the same time. I think it’s because of how it’s played, and the combinations of the sounds in the song. It’s really weird, I don’t know how to explain it. 


Then there’s this other song. I don’t have a detailed memory about it at all, I just remember that my parents used to play it on our LP-player just to tease me. It’s “Cecilia”, sung and played by Simon & Garfunkel. When I was younger, I hated that song. Really hated it. Why? Because they sang my name. That’s it. And since I couldn’t speak any English at the ages of 4-8, I didn’t know the meaning of the song. A few months ago though, I decided to listen to it again. I couldn’t help but to sing along. Until the first verse came. You have no idea how much I laughed, mostly because I knew that if I understood the lyrics back then, I’d hate it even more. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar